I have experienced the pleasure of co-hosting several international Yoga Retreats and I think it is about high time I brought something closer to home.
Quite literally, home.
Honeywood Farm has been in the Moodie family since 1817 and borders the wild and magnificent Grootvadersbosch Nature Reserve up against the Langeberg Mountains. It is a nature lover's paradise and offers hiking, mountain biking, birding, horse riding, and swimming in rivers and pools all in a peaceful and secure environment.
So why not Yoga?
Well exactly. This rustic, family operated the home, less than three hours from Cape Town offers panoramic views, fresh countryside air, a variety of accommodation options and many an ideal spot for Yoga practice.
My recent invitation to the Elysia Yoga Convention in Amorgos, Greece got me thinking about so many aspects within Yoga. The most reoccurring theme was this concept of growing a Yoga community.
Which inspired me to develop a similar theme back here, at home, in sunny South Africa.
I would like to invite you to join me at for the first ever teacher's Yoga Retreat at Honeywood Farm
I don't know about you, but I struggle to meet with fellow Yoga teachers on a regular basis to discuss recent learning, offer support for those tricky clients or quite simply attend a class. Many of us work long, gruelling days and I know I have had moments of feeling lost and a little despondent.
My vision for the future of Honeywood Farm is to host an annual event for Yoga teachers to connect and exchange ideas, offerings and have fun. In addition, Honeywood Farm will establish itself as a venue for Yoga teachers to use when hosting local retreats themselves. Once you have experienced Honeywood, experienced what it has to offer then you will understand the potential it has for your own clients.
What to expect
- The picturesque scenery from rolling lawns to hidden forests for Yoga practice.
- Delicious homemade, hearty meals.
- Morning and evening Yoga practice led by a variety of top South African teachers, enjoy a variety of Yoga styles.
- Daily outings and/or activities on offer
- An introductory course on beekeeping and honey production
- Plenty downtime for you to unwind and explore everything this farm has to offer
- Time slots available to discuss your personalised needs with John and Miranda Moodie should you wish to host your own Yoga retreat at Honeywood Farm.
For more information about Honeywood Farm https://www.honeywoodfarm.co.za
The final teaching schedule will be confirmed by the end of June.